CBD oil: know your facts
This non-stimulant extract of the cannabis plant, is now being touted as a panacea for all ailments. While I do come from the ‘alternative’ health tradition, I also like to caution you on using it as an OTC (over the counter) supplement. Cannabidiol oil is extracted from the flowers and buds of the marijuana/hemp plant. It does not produce the ‘high’ of marijuana; as it’s got minute concentrations of tetrahydrocannabinol=THC [1 in 5 products when tested had THC].
- You must know the QUALITY, the FDA (US body that regulates foods, of course India has no such body that does it yet, so most marketers will use the FSSAI license and sell it so BEWARE. India has no such structured protocol as yet, so please buy these products with caution).
- Almost 45% of products made with CBD oil contain very little CBD, but are marketed as CBD products, about 20% contain a lot of CBD.
- REMEMBER it’s not absorbed well orally, more-better absorbed rectally. Of course, only an experienced Health Practitioner must recommend this for use in disease.
- Known for help with EPILEPSY, a person on Epileptic drugs should taper down the dose of their drugs if taking CBD as well (consult your healthcare practitioner).
- Sometime it does impact increased LIVER ENZYMES.
- Do not DRIVE after consuming CBD.
- The FDA has not approved any CBD oil products for treatment of depression or anxiety.
- CBD will make it harder if your agenda is to stay awake, as it may cause DROWSINESS.
- Cannabidiol is an arena not yet researched well, however it does work in many health conditions. As health conditions/ailments vary, different people require DIFFERENT TREATMENT PROTOCOLS. As a cannabidiol works with your own endocannabinoid system. It usually starts with a trial and error method, till the dosage required for you fits. So please be under a healthcare practitioner when using CBD oil.
- Choose ORGANIC CBD.