Flat Belly Day with Recipes and benefits
All of us want flat bellies, the trouble is with weight loss or fat loss, one needs to be consistent with our diet. But here is an opportunity for you to try a day in the chapter of my life, and make it interesting; keeping your calories down.
Here is a flat belly day –
Breakfast: A low glycaemic index and high on chlorophyll breakfast Cheese-less Spinach and Sweet Potato Frittata with 1 Cup of Green Tea (Calories 220).
To Make the Frittata:
- Take less than ½ a teaspoon of olive oil in a wok and add ½ cup diced sweet potatoes. Cover and cook on a low flame (potatoes can be par-boiled-this will make you cut back the oil).
- Mix in ½ cup spinach and then add some garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl add ¼ cup milk and ½ an egg beat together and pour in the wok over this mixture.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes till eggs are firm.
4 Baby Carrots and ½ Stalk Sliced Celery with 3 Tablespoons of Hummus (Calories 120)
- Hummus is rich in protein as chickpeas are low on cholesterol and saturated fat, and rich in protein.
- Garlic and lemon in the hummus reduce the oxidative stress of the body; help with the immune function and lemon alkalizes the body.
Large bowl of tomato and feta cheese Mediterranean salad (Calories 500)
- 3 Tomatoes diced large 4-ounce feta cheese, salad leaves, ¼ cup olives (black), tossed with salt and pepper.
- Tomatoes give you an added boost of lycopene a potent antioxidant provides protective effects against cardiovascular disease and cancer. A friend for the heart and the lungs.
Evening Snack (Calories 115)
- 2 chickpea falafels (2 inches in diameter): baked made with cooked chickpeas, ½ onion (chopped), salt and red chili powder.
- Filling snack and good source of trace minerals and manganese, helps the body absorb biotin which is great for your skin and hair.
Dinner (Calories 525)
- Broccoli Soup made with onions and no oil • ¼ Cup Sautéed Polenta with ½ cup cooked broad white beans, red pepper, ½ cup spinach, cooked in a Mediterranean style in a vegetable broth.
- If non-vegetarian, you can swap the beans for shredded grilled fish.
- Polenta is basically corn grits and a grain which is low in calories, adding this to your dinner will fill you up and make you feel lighter as opposed to having a regular whole grain like brown rice or a millet.
To Make the Polenta Dish:
- Heat ½ tsp of olive oil and add polenta and cook till brown (add some water say ¾ cup) and transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan add garlic, onion and bell pepper, add chilli powder and salt and the add the beans.
- Add vegetable broth and spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In then end you can add polenta to this; or then make sure your polenta has cooked all the way and serve this on the side.
Indulge without bulge (Calories 130)
- Substitute the falafels for 2 apple energy balls, made with crushed apple, 2 dates, 1 tablespoon quinoa, rolled in sesame seeds.
© ShonaaliiSabherwal Healthier Lifestyle Options Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved