ROOT CHAKRA ANALYSIS
I don’t know how many of you know, but a part of my diagnosis comes from analyzing your emotional and physical strength; by looking at your chakra system. What are these? There are 7 chakras which are a series of energy centers located in your body. Consider them to be energy bank accounts. Understanding their location, and role is important to determine their health.
For e.g., the ROOT CHAKRA (called Muladhara)– is the foundation chakra located at the base of your spine, when all is okay with it; you feel grounded, secure, calm and strong. You will be able to take on new challenges, it’s also connected to all ‘survival issues’ like power, money, sex, hunger. So, you need to know if these elements in your life are in balance and if not, then most probably you have an imbalance in this chakra. Its colour is RED; its element is EARTH.
These are the symptoms of a block in this chakra –
- Back pain
- Pain in legs
- Cold extremities (hands and feet)
- Reproductive organ issues
In my dad’s case prostate cancer (due to over worrying about a bad investment deal he made) survival issues.
Food groups that harms the root chakra –
- Salt – I mentioned salt in your food excess shows a ROOT CHAKRA imbalance and also those who crave it, crave security.
- Sugar – Will make the energy rise upwards fast, which is what you do not want.
- Saturated fats – will make you dense and heavy (which means dairy and animal foods).
Foods that will help –
- Whole food plant-based foods.
- Good quality plan-based protein: tofu, lentils/whole beans, spirulina.
- Red leaves of the amaranth plant (remember the colour is red), strawberries, cherries, beets, red bell peppers and tomatoes.
- ROOT vegetables: garlic, potatoes all that grows under the soil like tubers.
- Fermented foods, due the high action of microorganisms and connection to the soil (Earth).
HEAL with Chakra meditation heals this chakra (I will do a small video on this); plus, among yoga asanas use: Balasana (child pose) –
ROOT CHAKRA affirmations:
- “Wherever I am, I am safe and secure”
- “All my needs for safety and security will always be met”
- “I am supported by the universe”