Sweet miso soup: Servings 12
- 8 cups water or vegetable stock (see recipe below)
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rounds
- 1 small white radish (mooli) cut into thin rounds
- 6 tbsp white or barley miso or any other miso
- 1 green onion stalk slice fine for garnish
- Bring stock to boil.
- Add onion to pot. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, add the radish and simmer another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place small amount of the hot soup in a small bowl, add the miso, whisk till smooth or mix with spoon and return to pot. Stir and garnish with green onions. (this is the standard way to mix in the miso).
- Garnish with parsley.
Basic vegetable stock for soups & curries: Servings: 12 cups
- 4 celery stalks, cut small
- 2 onions diced
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and cut small
- 3-4 carrots cubed
- 2 cup mushrooms, chop down
- A handful of parsley
- 4 bay leaves (tejpatta)
- Sea salt
- 16 cups of water
- Add onions, garlic, sea salt in a large vessel, add 1 cup of water initially, let it simmer for about 10 minutes, after the first boil.
- Then add the remaining vegetables, add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook on a low fire for about 1 hour, so essentially the liquid will boil down to 12 cups.
- Run water through a sieve, press down vegetables to squeeze out water and you can either discard the vegetables or use it in a soup.
©ShonaaliiSabherwal Healthier Lifestyle Options Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.