Food Intolerance

When a person has the inability to digest a certain food, sometimes leading to an allergic reaction; it is termed as food intolerance. There are a varied range of such foods like gluten (celiac disease), dairy (lactose intolerant), histamine-releasing foods (fermented foods and others), fruit (fructose) and many such other foods.

What causes food intolerance?

A person is usually intolerant for various reasons; 90 percent of the time, it is due to poor gut health, that has impacted the immunity of the person. The other 10 percent could be an inherited condition, or something that developed over time – but again due to compromised gut health.

How does Shonali help?

On a food intolerance diet, Shonali believes most food intolerance is a result of the immune system being weak, and therefore first works on strengthening the bodies own immunity with rectifying your diet and including foods that will strengthen blood condition. Shonali’s approach relies on the tenets of Macrobiotic philosophy: using the oriental system of ‘facial diagnosis,’ and touch meridian diagnosis (if needed) to analyze the strength and health of your organs. Her framework (like Ayurveda) relies on using the foundation of analyzing your constitution (that which you were born with: blueprint from your parents) and condition (that which you have created growing up). Macrobiotic philosophy uses the ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ elements of ‘energy’ or ‘prana’ to help her diagnose everything you are or do. This is her training and USP and how she actually zeroes in on your diagnosis and further prognosis.

She uses the food tools and the principles of the Macrobiotic approach to aim at: strengthening your gut, detoxify you of all the accumulated toxins (‘ama’ in Ayurveda plus any accumulation of bad gut bacteria causing ‘dysbiosis’ i.e., when bad bacteria outweigh the beneficial ones) and balance the body’s pH. Her approach is to make you identify the toxins you are consuming from foods, the environment and your lifestyle; and get rid of them. Plus bring in food-elements to clean up your gut to help you detoxify. She then layers this with the use of holistic natural everyday foods; using her knowledge of balancing the ‘foods’ and ‘cooking styles’ used to give you the required strength to overcome your ailment and encourage balance.

Shonali is based in Mumbai, but is practicing online in over 20 countries. She is the only one who works with you, and there are no assistants or other nutritionists between you and her. She conducts her own follow ups and meetings personally; as she believes turning your health condition around is a ‘personal’ business; and only she has been trained to diagnose your condition and monitor the progress one-on-one. The macrobiotic approach is integrative, alternative and comes under the branch of lifestyle medicine, using foods as medicine to reverse and cure your health ailment/disease.

Food Intolerance

Number of Cases

50

Jyoti Ahlawat
Air Hostess

AGE 34

“I use to be bloated all the time, whenever I ate food it would get worse. Shonali’s Macrobiotic approach made me realize it could be different foods I could have an intolerant towards. She worked by the method of elimination and made me realize it was gluten. I was use to eating roti and a previous dietician I went to for weight loss, told me I could eat 2 rotis made of wheat at my meal times. I realized later she was just keeping my calories under control. But the diet made my condition worse. Shonali made me understand that I had a weak digestion and could be having a leaky gut. She also made me understand that gluten could come from various sources, not just wheat. She helped with including substitutes for everything that came into my diet which had gluten.”
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT

We are glad that you preferred to contact us. Please fill our short form and one of our friendly team members will contact you back.

X